Finding that "perfect" concealed carry holster is almost a never ending quest for individuals who carry concealed. Most people go through a series of holsters in a trial and error process trying to find the perfect combination of comfort and concealment.

In most cases, handgun owners end up with the proverbial "box of holsters" that end up sitting around without being used.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Reviewing the Galco M7 Matrix Holster

I recently made the decision to test out a Galco M7X Matrix holster for my Glock 26. Here's my opinions:

For starters, it's a thermoplastic holster so that may turn some individuals off. Priced at about $25.00, I was a little worried about the quality, and believed it might be in the same "class" as a Fobus or Uncle Mikes. I have to say that this holster kind of surprised me.

Here's what I preferred:

The fit for the weapon was good. It sort of snaps in and seems to retain pretty well.

The holster is open bottomed so it will really fit numerous other Glock weapons in the 9mm or .40 cal calibers. However, I most likely can't see myself utilizing this holster on any Glock larger than the 26 as I don't like a major amount of barrel sticking out beneath the holster.

I truly like the dual straps that snapped onto the belt. This makes this holster really simple to get on and off. While it is not as fast like a paddle holster, this model is faster than the average belt holster.

Dislikes:

To be very honest, the holster looks cheap. I realize that performance is much a lot more essential than looks, but it still appears inexpensive.

Although the retention seems pretty good, I'd love to see this holster offer some type of retention adjustment.

Thinking about what I paid for this holster, I'm very pleased with the value, particularly thinking about it is only a few dollars more than a Fobus, but performs 10 times better. If you are looking for a fairly inexpensive holster that's easy to get on and off, then the Galco M7 Matrix may be one to consider.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Concealed Carry Holsters
View my complete profile